Wednesday, October 13, 2010

San Francisco post 10

Airiel says, "Now this is the San Francisco I know!" as we walk out into foggy mornings when roofs and trees are obscured by the hazy stuff. I'm reminded of a poem by Carl Sandburg:

FOG
THE fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.


Wonderful!!!

Yesterday's doctor visit proved A. to be dilated to four centimeters (we were hoping for six or seven!) with no other encouraging signs. Oh well, I didn't want to have to make Thanksgiving dinner anyway. Airiel, if you're reading this, I'm just kidding.

Cooked up homemade french fries for the kiddos last night. How many years has it been since I did that?!!! Nomi ate two platesful, with plenty of ketchup of course. These children are great salad eaters too - they stuff lettuce, broccoli, and carrots down the hatch with glee. Their father, on the other hand, recently brought home a 24 oz. bag of chocolate chips; according to Airiel, he "thought maybe somebody would make something with them!"

Wes and Airiel voted last night in the comfort of their living room - talking through and mulling over each section. How convenient to then simply let the postman take care of them! Beats standing in line any day.

Oh I'm missing being in Beth Moore's Breaking Free study in Tues morning Bible class!!! Hopefully, I'll be able to go through the series again later - perhaps with the sisters at Olyphant. I am benefiting from the workbook, tho seems pretty one-dimensional w/ no discussion with others.

Nomi, Conrad and I were strolling in the sunshine this week when a well-endowed young woman, dressed in a rather low-cut knit blouse("rather" being in this case a conservative adjective) bounced and bobbled past us. In a matter-of-fact tone, Naomi said, "That lady was moving her body." "Yes," I replied, as we strolled on.

God bless you all.

No comments: